Sunday, November 29, 2020

Why Do We Travel: My Personal Reasons


Travelling is sometimes an expensive hobby. We need to have sufficient budget for us to go to our desired travel destination, regardless of the reason. Here are my personal reasons why I always want to travel, whether I have enough budget or none.

1. Relax and unwind
Although travelling is a bit tiring, my main purpose is to relax and unwind; to free myself from a tiring work. There are times that we have been so busy doing our tasks at work and we forget to give ourselves the freedom they deserve. I always desire to go to a place where I can feel inner peace and have a stable state of mind. I always long for self-reflection and cogitation. To a place where I have peace of mind, I can relax and unwind, and forget about life problems.

2. Discover new places
When I travel, I always make sure that I enjoy and see to it that my chosen place of adventure is worth it. I do research as to where to go next, then make a list of worthwhile activities. I love discovering new places that I have never been to. I admire every little thing that place has to offer as I love nature. When I go to a certain place for adventure, I get excited about it and what I can do.

3. Meet new friends
I have been travelling domestically by myself. Sometimes I travel with my friends. Travelling alone is more expensive than travelling with friends, but when I go alone, I meet new people - strangers. Talking with the locals while I eat their usual snacks is like getting to know them well and feeling like I am one of them. I have realized that it is always good to befriend the locals as they will treat you more than a tourist or a visitor. In places of adventure and beautiful spots, we can also make friends or acquaintances by greeting our fellow tourists or starting a small talk with them. It is one way of getting out of our shell and explore others' world too.

4. Self-assessment and Cogitation
Everytime I travel alone, at the end of every day, I think about my main purpose. I give myself time to reflect and cogitate. I re-assess myself by going back to the stressful days I have been struggling. I think about possible solutions to problems. This time is my "me time." I always make time for myself and to spend it with my own company. This is the only time when I can value myself more than anything else, because I deserve peacefulness in mind and heart.

5. Explore another culture
I appreciate learning about other cultures particularly learning a language and eating food. I love learning new things. If I go to another place, it is expected that there is a vast difference in terms of language or dialect, conversational styles and attitudes, food preparation, eating habits, norms of the locals, beliefs, and many others related to culture. I have always been interested to all of these, and it is one of the reasons why I love travelling. I want to learn more and I want to be part of that particular culture (although impossible).

6. Experience
If you don't go to other places, you have nothing to share with others. As much as possible, travel if you can. The experience I get when I go on a trip is always a treasure. There is nothing more beautiful than the experience I encounter in every place I go, whether it is nice or not. At least, there is always something that we can share and not just rely on what we read in books. I take a lot of pictures and keep them because one day I know, all these will become a memory.

7. Develop confidence and enthusiasm
I am not a shy person but there are certain times that I hesitate to initiate a query. When I travel, I learned that there is no harm in asking. It is way better than doing things on your own. I was able to develop self-confidence by doing so. To add, I was able to develop my enthusiasm in all the things I want to get and what I want to happen. Because I am always enthusiastic, I make sure that what I imagine happens.

8. Doing myself a favor
I believe that I deserve a break - a break from the toxic reality. When I travel, I grant myself's request: achieve your goal. I always find ways to do it, because at the end of the day, I only have myself to accompany me. I don't care about material things. Travelling is my form of contentment.Travelling is my self-reward. 

We have our own reasons why we travel. Although it is expensive, travelling makes us more adventurous and the experience we gain from it does not equate any value of money. It may be hard at times, but if we try to be more aggressive and keen, we can achieve it.

Are you in for a trip after the pandemic? Send me a buzz and let's talk.

Share your thoughts with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Things First Time Solo Travellers Need to Consider

At some point in our life, we get to try interesting things that we have never done before. One of these is travelling solo for leisure. Now...